Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Meeting With Robert

Today I had a supervisory meeting with Robert Smith. I showed him all the stuff I had been doing, and he gave me some really good feedback. He liked what I had done, but felt that it was all too true to the story. He advised me that I should try to be more abstract, and push the boundaries out more. He thought that when Sheila describes a tall hat, the focus should be on a hat that grows and grows. Maybe if she was talking about a dead body it could be a coffin or a skeleton or a corpse falling out of a coffin. He advised me that I could use more texture, or a mixture of textures in the backgrounds, and that the characters could be cut outs of photographs rather than all animations. When Sheila describes the corpse with his leg up, the focus should be just a leg, not the whole corpse.

He wants me to do a storyboard (or two) of my first animation by next week. He feels that by concentrating on doing the storyboards rather than trying to animate, I will be more focused on the final product.

Thanks Rob for your ideas. I'll enjoy experimenting with them.

1 comment:

  1. Do you have any more blog posts? Id like to see your progress.

    ReplyDelete