Friday, November 23, 2012

Interview 1

I arranged to conduct my first interview with the couple who had the strange experience with the piano.

I decided that my interview technique should be very informal, and although I already feel they were telling me the truth about what happened to them (the first time I heard it), I would play devil's advocate. In other words, I would try to put forward some other scenarios to test their evidence. If the story isn't really believable, I don't think it will be good enough to be used in my project.

The main thing that I'm worried about in conducting these interviews, is that, if the video doesn't come out right, it will be difficult to re-interview these people, and have them talk to me with the same conviction. I will bring along a seperate voice recorder to boost the sound. I may not use all the video footage as I am thinking that these stories may be either animated or acted out, but I would like to keep the original footage, if only for authenticity, and as a keepsake for the clients.

My last statement led me to thinking about a local man who put together a CD with recordings of some of the local characters telling funny stories. This was very successful in our neighborhood, and in led to him writing a book on the locality. I realize that that wouldn't necessarily be what I want to do, but the video recordings could be in some way kept for posterity.

No comments:

Post a Comment